Pointing your Bluehost Domain to a Heroku App
Written 11 months ago
The other day I had some difficulty assigning my bluehost domain name to my heroku account for this website. I thought I would detail the process here.
- Sign in
- Go to domains
- Unassign the selected domain
- Go to zone editor, and select your domain from the dropdown menu.
- Delete any previously created records.
- Go to heroku, click your app, go to settings, and add a domain.
- Copy the DNS target, return to zone editor.
In zone editor, enter the following in the fields:
- Host Record: @
- TTL: 0, or leave it at 14400 (This just means Time Till Live in seconds)
- Type: A
- Points To: Paste the DNS target that heroku gave you.
And you’re done! Congrats!
I will add pictures for this later.